Saturday 21 November 2009

Turning a game into a book

It's pretty well known at this point that I want to turn SoS into a book; we have the material, a lot of which I'm very proud of, and there's an interesting environment at the moment for publishing games. The tools are out there - DTP, Print on Demand, SRD and OGL that mean it's a better time to try your hand at getting a game out than it has ever been in the past.

[What this means, ironically, is that's it's also the worst posssible time to try publishing a game, since there's so many other people's work out there.]

Now I'm at the stage of trying to turn a set of ideas, rules and notes into a publishable document, which is definately harder than just sitting around and saying "wouldn't it be cool if". And once I have gone beyond that then I have to look at converting everything into a properly laid out PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment